The list below describes relevant work-related personal skills and characteristics that are widely regarded as desirable for you as a professional business owner.
Use this to discover your strengths and find out where you can develop personally and improve your career:
- Check off the ones that describe you best and mark yourself out of 5.
2. In those areas that you score 3, or less, ask yourself – “what can I do to move myself up at least half a point?”.
3. Make a plan. What do you need to find out or do?
Career Based Personal Abilities
- Accurate: Careful, precise, free from error.
- Adaptable: Able to adapt oneself to new surroundings; to make suitable change so as to fit new conditions.
- Alert: Watchful, wide awake, ready to act.
- Ambitious: Full of ambition, strong desire “to do” something.
- Amiable: Feeling and inspiring friendliness.
- Analytical: Employing analytic methods; separating things into their parts of elements.
- Articulate: Able to express oneself clearly, do not mumble.
- Assertive: Insist on one’s rights or opinions.
- Attentive: To notice, pay attention to, careful attention.
- Broad-minded: Being tolerant or liberal in thought or opinion.
- Businesslike: Practical, systematic.
- Calm: Stillness, serenity, peaceful, undisturbed.
- Capable: Having the skills/ability or fitness for.
- Careful: Watchful, cautious, concerned for.
- Competent: Adequately qualified, ability.
- Confident: Trusting, fully assured, belief, trust in yourself.
- Conscientious: Good moral understanding of right and wrong.
- Consistent: Constant to same principles, not changing.
- Cooperative: Work well with others.
- Dedicated: Devoted to aims or vocation.
- Dependable: May be relied on.
- Determined: To do, resolve, on a course of action.
- Efficient: Competent, capable, able to get results.
- Energetic: Active, full of life, vigorous, an energetic worker.
- Enterprising: Strong interest, great eagerness.
- Flexible: Manageable, adaptable, versatile.
- Hardworking: Done with energy, industrious.
- Honest: Not lying, cheating or stealing, sincere.
- Independent: Ability to work on your own without being constantly supervised.
- Industrious: Hardworking, diligent.
- Innovative: Make changes, introduction of something new.
- Motivated: The inner reason for any act; as, hunger might be the motive for working.
- Optimistic: View that good prevails over evil.
- Organized: Place things in working order.
- Patient: Calm.
- People-oriented: Enjoy working/being with people.
- Persevering: Steadfast pursuit to an aim, refusal to give up; continued effort.
- Practical: Inclined or suited to useful action, rather that speculation.
- Productive: Tending to produce.
- Realistic: Practical views/policy, truth/detail, presenting people/scenes as they are.
- Reliable: Dependable.
- Resourceful: Ability to supply what is needed, quick wit.
- Responsible: Capable of rational conduct, trustworthy.
- Versatile: Turning easily or readily from occupation/job to another, changeable.
If you would like some help with this then book a ’50 Minutes To Positive Change’ session and we can make a plan for you to feel better in the specific area you want to address……….